Open Inventor™ Medical Edition 2D/3D software development toolkit for medical image computing helps integrate advanced image processing, visualization and analysis capabilities in your application and workflow. For cloud, desktop, and mobile.
Deliver unrivaled visualization
Open Inventor Toolkit provides the latest state-of-the-art rendering and image enhancement techniques for all types of 2D and 3D medical data:
- More realistic real-time volume rendering, which combines GPU accelerated techniques such as image-based lighting, complex surface reflections, ray-traced shadow casting, etc.
- Support for DICOM image data
- Advanced image processing
- Support for complex meshes and geometries, charting, graphs, text, etc.
Open Inventor Toolkit provides software engineers with a robust 3D foundation to efficiently address complex challenges, including the fusion of multimodalities and very large data management.
Provide advanced image analysis capabilities
Implement complete medical image processing workflows with Open Inventor Toolkit’s extensive collection of high-performance algorithms, including:
- Filtering: smooth, de-noise, sharpen, morphology, …
- Segmentation: auto and semi-auto threshold, classify, label,…
- Registration: multi-modal volume registration,…
- Detection:: edges, centerline, vesselness, correlation,…
- Analysis: count, measure, compute statistics,…
Open Inventor Toolkit supports a wide range of image data and modalities (CT, MRI, PET, ultrasound, X-ray). Support includes: DICOM and other standard data formats; 2D, 3D and 4D data; signed and unsigned; grayscale and color; multi-resolution for very large images.
Software developers can use Open Inventor Toolkit algorithms to create image processing and analysis workflows in applications for the desktop or the Cloud. Advanced image analysis tools can be used for volume unfolding, skeletonization (center line detection), and vessel or membrane detection. Advanced image processing tools can also be combined with standard Machine Learning algorithms to solve more challenging problems.
Develop once, access everywhere
Open Inventor also provides all these image visualization, processing and analysis features as a web service. While the actual data remains secure on the server, users can access the resulting 2D and 3D visualizations anywhere, on any device, using any HTML5 browser:
- No 3D hardware required on the client side
- Multiple users can connect and collaborate in the same session
- Multi-touch and gesture input is fully supported.
Open Inventor is well suited for both in-house and cloud-based applications, including upgrading PACS viewers to 3D.